If you haven't known by now, I have the most awesome friend who have this extraordinary habit that keeps people dropping their jaw every time he actually did it. It's called planking, my friend, as the Wiki says:
Planking (or the Lying Down Game) is an activity consisting of lying face down —sometimes in an unusual or incongruous location. Both hands must touch the sides of the body. Some players compete to find the most unusual and original location in which to play. Many participants in planking have photographed the activity in unusual locations and have shared such pictures through social media.
Meet Kaisar Siregar, or Ical, as people call him. Let me take you through the magical planking journey of his. He would plank.........
...IN A GROUP PHOTO SESSION.
...IN FAMOUS LANDMARKS ACROSS THE WORLD
....ON HIGH ALTITUDES...
... ON EXTREME WEATHER...
... ON ABSURD POSITION (Well, at least he tried.)
... THE ONES THAT MUST'VE HURT HIM BAD ...
... AND ALSO ON DIFFERENT SURFACES ...
Sometimes when he got bored of planking, he's SNAILING instead. You know, something like this:
... AT PLACES YOU NEVER THOUGHT IT'S POSSIBLE ...
... PLANKING FOR A CAUSE ...
... AND HIS LONG-AWAITED DREAM FINALLY HAD BEEN FULFILLED:
I WAS GONNA END THIS POST WITH HIS VERY FIRST PLANK-EFFORT, BUT I'M NOT SURE WHICH. BUT THIS ONE BELOW IS ONE OF HIS FIRST PLANKING THAT I WITNESSED MYSELF, AT SINGAPORE F1 GRANDPRIX 2011.
WHAT A LIFE, KAISAR. WHAT. A. LIFE.
You are indeed, my version of real life Barney Stinson. Your entire life has been nothing but awesome, Cal. In the end I'm so glad that you maxed out your life, with jaw-dropping experience all across the world. It still crushes me every time, knowing that I won't be able to see your updates on social media, to see another epic planking pose, and to see how well you've been coping with life. You have no idea how much we are at loss by this sudden news :'(
I hope you rest in peace, Ical.
To me, you will always be that one friend who has the most amazing life stories. Thank you.
RIP King Kazecul.
RIP Kaisar Siregar...
(1989 - 2013)
You are an inspiration to lots of people. As you said, LIFE IS SHORT. STUNT IT!
ALSO READ OTHER TRIBUTE TO KAISAR SIREGAR:
(please, better read these writings below rather than news from the local media..)
- From Pak Rinaldi Munir (dosen Informatika ITB): http://rinaldimunir.wordpress.com/2013/12/10/kenangan-bersama-kaisar-siregar-alm/
- From Nadhira: http://nadhiraluddin.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/kaisar-siregar/
- From Andru: http://ndrewh.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/rip-kaisar-siregar/
- From Puja Pramudya: http://limaapril.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/catatan-bersama-kaisar-siregar/
- From David Samuel: http://davsam.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/until-then-my-friend/
- From Informatics Engineering ITB 2006: http://kpif06.wordpress.com/2013/12/10/remembering-kaisar/
- From @MissLaiLai: http://misslailai.com/2013/12/11/gone-too-soon-on-dealing-with-death/
- From Lucia Prihandini: http://luciaroly.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/see-you-when-i-see-you-kaisar-siregar/
- Soundcloud "You Never Walk Alone (from Carousel) Tribute For Kaisar Siregar" by Natalia Turangan: https://soundcloud.com/natalia-turangan/you-never-walk-alone